A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 02, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - FLYING PIGS INC.
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- Packing the Pounds Back on Pigs
Friday Jul 28, 2017
After decades of wanting lean pork, Americans now want the fat back on pigs. Michael Yezzi breeds fatty heirloom pigs with twice the back fat of lean hogs at Flying Pigs Farm in upstate New York. Video: Rob Alcaraz. Photo: Megan Haley for The Wall Street Journal
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.
- Pet City: When the Delayed Passenger Is a Potbellied Pig
By ANDY NEWMAN - Tuesday Aug 22, 2017
The Ark at JFK, an animal center at Kennedy International Airport, makes dogs, cats, horses and other creatures in transit feel at home.
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The Metropolitan Detention Center has relatively few female inmates. Yet it accounts for a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases involving them.