The operatic repertoire offers few musical depictions of the seashore as vivid as those in Wagner’s “Flying Dutchman” and Britten’s “Peter Grimes.” Sure, some operas (Britten’s “Billy Budd,” to name just one) venture right into the briny deep, but these two masterpieces remain balanced right at the juncture between land and water. The opening program by Symphony Silicon Valley, conducted by Paul Polivnick, includes those orchestral pictures without any of the vocal elements.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Jun 15, 1988)
NYS Filing Date
MAY 05, 1983
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1983 - FLYING DUTCHMAN FLOWERS, INC.
Around the Web
- In the South Bay, the sounds of the sea
By Joshua Kosman - Monday Sep 25, 2017
- By Design: The New Wave in Floral Arrangements
By LINDSAY TALBOT - Thursday Aug 31, 2017
For the most innovative designers working today, form is just as important as flora.
- Zone 8 Shade Vines: What Are Some Shade Tolerant Vines For Zone 8
By Mary Ellen Ellis - Friday Aug 11, 2017
- United to Boost Flying Capacity as Unit Revenue Improves
Wednesday Oct 18, 2017
United Continental Holdings Inc. said it would continue to increase flying capacity to defend market share at its big airport hubs as the airline reported forecast-beating quarterly earnings.
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
- Works in Progress: In Prospect Park, First the Goats, Then the Shrubbery
By HELENE STAPINSKI - Thursday Oct 5, 2017
After invasive species and hurricanes wreaked havoc on a forest in the park, thousands of shrubs and trees are being planted.