Apple, Google and other tech giants are pushing deeper into cultural industries — and stumbling in ways that suggest a certain cluelessness.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 18, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - FIVE STAR MOUNTINGS, INC.
Around the Web
- State of the Art: The Frightful Five Want to Rule Entertainment. They Are Hitting Limits.
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Oct 11, 2017
- About New York: How to Fix Mounting Miseries on the Subway? Political Bickering Isn’t the Answer
By JIM DWYER - Wednesday Jun 28, 2017
Investigating the cause of Tuesday’s derailment could help address the subway’s many underlying problems.
- State of the Art: The Upside of Being Ruled by the Five Tech Giants
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Nov 1, 2017
What if it’s not that bad that so much economic, social and political power is held by Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook and Microsoft?
- State of the Art: How the Frightful Five Put Start-Ups in a Lose-Lose Situation
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Oct 18, 2017
In Silicon Valley, small companies used to unseat big ones. Now the clutches of the five biggest tech companies are hard to escape.
- The Yankees are convinced this is about to turn
By Ken Davidoff - Tuesday Jul 11, 2017
MIAMI — When the Yankees resume play Friday night at Fenway Park, Starlin Castro intends to be active … for the Double-A Trenton Thunder. To the Yankees’ All-Star second baseman, this bodes well for himself and his team. Castro hopes a two-day rehabilitation assignment Thursday and Friday will allow him to prove his right hamstring...
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”