Apple, Google and other tech giants are pushing deeper into cultural industries — and stumbling in ways that suggest a certain cluelessness.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Jul 29, 2009)
NYS Filing Date
MAY 08, 2000
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2000 - FIVE STAR DRIVING INC.
Around the Web
- State of the Art: The Frightful Five Want to Rule Entertainment. They Are Hitting Limits.
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Oct 11, 2017
- State of the Art: The Upside of Being Ruled by the Five Tech Giants
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Nov 1, 2017
What if it’s not that bad that so much economic, social and political power is held by Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook and Microsoft?
- State of the Art: How the Frightful Five Put Start-Ups in a Lose-Lose Situation
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Oct 18, 2017
In Silicon Valley, small companies used to unseat big ones. Now the clutches of the five biggest tech companies are hard to escape.
- Self-Driving Trucks May Be Closer Than They Appear
By CONOR DOUGHERTY - Monday Nov 13, 2017
With fewer cultural hurdles and more financial incentives than car owners, big-rig operators are charting the route to an autonomous future.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”
- O bluetiful: Crayola announces name of new blue hue
Thursday Sep 14, 2017
EASTON, Pa. (AP) — Hello, Bluetiful.Crayola announced the name of its new blue crayon Thursday. Bluetiful was the top pick of fans during two months of online voting, beating out Dreams Come Blue, Blue Moon Bliss, Reach for the Stars and Star Spangled Blue.The Easton, Pennsylvania-based crayon maker received nearly 90,000 name submissions before narrowing it down to five.Bluetiful will make its debut later this year. It's replacing the recently retired dandelion.Scientists at Oregon State University accidentally discovered the brilliant blue hue while experimenting with materials for use in electronics.Crayola is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards Inc., headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri.