The U.S. Justice Department agreed to clear CenturyLink Inc.’s $25 billion takeover of Level 3 Communications Inc. if the telecom providers shed some of their fiber-optic infrastructure, moving the deal one step closer to closing.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Sep 29, 1993)
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 03, 1989
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1989 - FIBER TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Around the Web
- Justice Department Clears CenturyLink's $25 Billion Takeover of Level 3
Tuesday Oct 3, 2017
- Verizon supports controversial rule that could help Google Fiber expand
By Jon Brodkin - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Verizon asks FCC to speed up fiber deployment, but cable lobby is against it.
- Verizon's Top Media Executive Marni Walden to Leave
Wednesday Oct 4, 2017
Verizon Communications said its top media executive, Marni Walden, is leaving in February and her responsibilities will be split among existing executives at the telecom giant.
- For 18 Hours, Cabbie Sat Dead in Front Seat
By KIM BARKER - Monday Aug 14, 2017
A driver parked his taxi to take a break in SoHo. He died behind the wheel. Then, for nearly a day, New Yorkers went about their lives — just feet from his body.
- Court Throws Out AT&T’s Effort To Block Google Fiber In Louisville
By Kate Cox - Thursday Aug 17, 2017
Competition in broadband and cable is scarce at best. That’s in part because when a new player does try to build service somewhere, incumbents like AT&T will pull every legal maneuver they can to try and block it. But one court has now ruled on a contentious case in Louisville, KY, throwing out AT&T’s lawsuit and paving the way for …
- Reflect on Thoreau’s Vision of Walden Pond
Wednesday Jul 12, 2017
On the 200th anniversary of the birth of Henry David Thoreau, visit Walden Pond, where he once lived, in 360 video. Listen to excerpts from his book “Walden.”