Saturday night in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, where the salon is an almost always-open witness to a neighborhood in the throes of change.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 08, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - EMMA BEAUTY SALON CORPORATION
Around the Web
- Saturday Night In ... Bedford-Stuyvesant: At the Center of Change, Cherry’s Unisex
By GREG HOWARD - Friday Jul 7, 2017
- Enjoy Those U.S. Open Highlights. A Computer Picked Them for You.
By SARAH LYALL - Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
Highlights posted on the U.S. Open’s website and app are selected by Watson, the IBM computer, using visual and audio information from matches.
- ASMR Comes To Hollywood In “Battle Of The Sexes”
By Christine Champagne - Wednesday Sep 27, 2017
The movie is about tennis, but the feeling is more intimate than that.
The most riveting scene in Battle of the Sexes–a thrilling and accurate restaging of the famous 1973 man-versus-woman tennis showdown between Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs–occurs not on a tennis court but in a beauty salon. Early in the film, a then married King (played by Emma Stone) encounters hairdresser Marilyn Barnett (Andrea Riseborough) for the first time.
- Silicon Valley's corporate-campus building boom is a cautionary tale
Thursday Jun 22, 2017
Silicon Valley is on a corporate-campus construction spree, which - despite the splashy headlines - has had adverse effects on the population of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Critic's Notebook: Contemporary Art Steams Up the Hudson
By NANCY PRINCENTHAL - Thursday Aug 24, 2017
Not your mother’s house tour: This summer has brought a bounty of artwork to Catskill, Hudson, Cold Spring and beyond.
- The Mayor and the Restaurateur: How de Blasio Sought Help for an Early Donor
By WILLIAM NEUMAN and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM - Monday Jul 24, 2017
Federal investigators, while declining to prosecute, still questioned City Hall’s conduct. Was the administration doing favors for contributors?