The ride-sharing app has recently shifted its focus to the city’s other boroughs, leading it to a milestone: More people are using Uber than the city’s fabled yellow cabs.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 19, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - DUET TAXI CAB, LLC
Around the Web
- Uber, Surging Outside Manhattan, Tops Taxis in New York City
By WINNIE HU - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
- Driver in fiery crash hailed cab as passenger burned to death, police say
Saturday Oct 14, 2017
The driver in a fiery crash in Brooklyn, N.Y., early Friday morning hailed a cab and left the scene — leaving his female passenger burning to death inside the flame-engulfed car, according to police.
- A Vehicle Struck Several Pedestrians At The Boston Logan Airport Taxi Pool, Causing Multiple Injuries
By Andrew Husband - Monday Jul 3, 2017
A taxi cab drove off the road and into a crowd of pedestrians just outside the taxi pool at Boston Logan Airport.
- Taxi Medallions, Once a Safe Investment, Now Drag Owners Into Debt
By WINNIE HU - Sunday Sep 10, 2017
Some taxi owners say they cannot hold on much longer as they lose riders and fares to Uber and other rivals, and their taxi medallions plummet in value.
- Cab slams into group of pedestrians in Boston
By Amanda Woods - Monday Jul 3, 2017
A cab veered into a group of pedestrians in Boston, injuring at least nine people Monday afternoon, police said. The crash appeared to have been caused by a taxi driver who hit the gas instead of the brake, a source told WCVB-TV. Massachusetts State Police said in a tweet that the vehicle struck the pedestrians...
- The challenges of driving a yellow cab in the age of Uber
By John Crudele - Tuesday Sep 19, 2017
If you want to know the effect Uber and Lyft are having on New York City’s yellow cabs, just take a ride to JFK’s taxi parking lot. At any time of day, there are hundreds of cabbies waiting desperately, most of the time for hours, in hopes of grabbing the industry’s consolation prize — a...