Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 11, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - DOLLAR SHOP HQL INC.
Around the Web
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
- Amazon welcomes teens with new parent-controlled shopping allowance
By Katherine Bindley - Wednesday Oct 11, 2017
Not so long ago, an allowance was something that involved a parent producing dollar bills from a wallet, and the child spending said dollars at the mall. That sounds quaint compared with Amazon Inc.’s new program, launching Wednesday, which lets parents manage—and fund—online-shopping accounts for their teens.
- At Walmart Academy, Training Better Managers. But With a Better Future?
By MICHAEL CORKERY - Tuesday Aug 8, 2017
A new program for store supervisors and department managers may make them better employees but may not help them reach the middle class.
- Big City: Lord & Taylor, WeWork and the Death of Leisure
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Friday Oct 27, 2017
The sale of the department store’s flagship Fifth Avenue building marks the end of shopping as fun, and the rise of work as a way of life.
- Amazon Sellers Brood as States Come Calling for Taxes
By NICK WINGFIELD - Thursday Nov 16, 2017
Most third-party sellers on Amazon do not collect sales tax. States, thirsty for the millions of dollars in unpaid revenue, are coming for the money.
- Tech Giants Are Paying Huge Salaries for Scarce A.I. Talent
By CADE METZ - Sunday Oct 22, 2017
Nearly all big tech companies have an artificial intelligence project, and they are willing to pay experts millions of dollars to help get it done.