The chef is renaming Fowler & Wells, after learning about the name’s connection with the debunked theories of phrenology.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 13, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - DIAMOND DISTRICT MANHATTAN, INC
Around the Web
- Tom Colicchio Changes His Restaurant’s Racially Tinged Name
By KIM SEVERSON - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
- Restaurant Review: Vegetables With Benefits at ABCV
By PETE WELLS - Monday Jul 3, 2017
The menu at Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s new vegetarian restaurant in the Flatiron district tries to impart “plant-based intelligence.”
- Neighborhood Joint: Tailoring in a Basement? It Suits Him
By SYLVIE BIGAR - Wednesday Jun 28, 2017
For 36 years, Bilal Egilmez, who learned his trade in Turkey, has altered and mended clothing at Genius Tailor, his Upper East Side shop.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- For Weinstein, a Brush With the Police, Then No Charges
By MEGAN TWOHEY, JAMES C. McKINLEY Jr., AL BAKER and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM - Sunday Oct 15, 2017
Accused of sexual assault by an Italian model in New York City, Harvey Weinstein mobilized lawyers and publicists to make the case go away. He was never charged.
- In a Thriving City, SoHo’s Soaring Rents Keep Storefronts Empty
By CHARLES V. BAGLI - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
One of the city’s prime shopping districts is a victim of its own success, as retailers can’t afford the rents and landlords can’t afford to lower them.