NEW YORK (AP) — Newspaper publisher Tronc has acquired the Daily News, a storied New York tabloid newspaper that won a Pulitzer Prize this year but has been buffeted by the changing media environment.Chicago-based Tronc Inc., the publisher of the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune, announced the deal Monday night, and the Daily News posted a story on its website.Tronc CEO Justin Dearborn said acquiring the paper and its popular website would "provide us with another strategic platform for growing our digital business, expanding our reach and broadening our services for advertisers and marketers," and both Tronc and Daily News executives said the company would maintain the quality of the paper's journalism.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 19, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - DAVIDSON SERVICE INC.
Around the Web
- Publisher Tronc acquires Daily News, storied NY tabloid
By JENNIFER PELTZ, Associated Press - Monday Sep 4, 2017
- U.S. Reopens Harley Settlement, Cutting Funds for Pollution Reduction Plan
By HIROKO TABUCHI - Thursday Jul 20, 2017
The Trump administration took $3 million off the motorcycle maker’s fine in a pollution case, applying a new policy barring benefits to third parties.
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
- Davidson’s Journey Was A Trip of A Lifetime
By Michael Lananna - Friday Jun 23, 2017
- Lifelong Harley-Davidson rider gets special 'last ride' with big entourage
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Fox News Online) - Sunday Aug 13, 2017
- Harley-Davidson makes biggest changes to lineup in decades, seeks to 'transcend genders'
By email@example.com (Fox News Online) - Thursday Aug 24, 2017