A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 28, 2009
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2009 - CULTURE SHOP INC.
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- Sunday Routine: How Yahdon Israel, of #LiterarySwag, Spends His Sundays
By ANNIE CORREAL - Sunday Oct 29, 2017
Recently named the editor in chief of Brooklyn Magazine, Mr. Israel shops, reads books by and about women, and mixes himself a special cocktail.
- The Culture Caught Up With Spike Lee — Now What?
By THOMAS CHATTERTON WILLIAMS - Tuesday Nov 21, 2017
After more than three decades as a provocateur, the filmmaker has returned to the movie that made him famous.
- Sunday Routine: How Shan-Lyn Ma, Wedding Registry Founder, Spends Her Sundays
By NANCY A. RUHLING - Friday Sep 22, 2017
Ms. Ma, the chief executive of Zola and a resident of Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, writes in her journal, listens to podcasts and shops in Chinatown.
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
- Why is New York Full of Empty Stores?
By THE EDITORIAL BOARD - Sunday Nov 19, 2017
All these dead spaces hurt, and neighborhoods have a right to protect themselves.