Nobody told Ellen Alperstein her house was listed as a landmark until she tried to sell it.
corona-east elmhurst historic preservation society
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 05, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION RESERVATION
2014 - CORONA-EAST ELMHURST HISTORIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY
Around the Web
- L.A. Discovers Historic Preservation, and Promptly Goes Overboard
Friday Sep 1, 2017
- Will the Real Peoria Arizona Historical Society Please Stand Up?
By Ruth McCambridge - Wednesday Jul 26, 2017
An Illinois nonprofit has had a public split, with each of two factions claiming to be official and calling the other an imposter. Who’s the real board?
- Art Review: Vietnam, Up Close and Personal
By HOLLAND COTTER - Thursday Oct 19, 2017
The New-York Historical Society’s show on the Vietnam War highlights racial and class divisions, generational rifts and government mendacity.
- Family donates box linked to Lincoln to historical society
Sunday Oct 22, 2017
A simple wooden box reportedly made from a tree stump on which Abraham Lincoln delivered one of his first political speeches has been donated to a historical society in a central Illinois village.
- Art Review: Editta Sherman’s Long Reign as ‘The Duchess of Carnegie Hall’
By HOLLAND COTTER - Thursday Aug 17, 2017
Royalty photographs royalty in an exhibition of portraits by Ms. Sherman at the New-York Historical Society.
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.