Following scrutiny of Facebook and Twitter, the search giant is examining if Russians used its services to meddle in last year’s election.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 12, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - COMPUTER PREPARATION ASSOCIATES INC.
Around the Web
- Google Prepares to Brief Congress on Its Role in Election
By DAISUKE WAKABAYASHI - Friday Sep 29, 2017
- Tech Giants, Once Seen as Saviors, Are Now Viewed as Threats
By DAVID STREITFELD - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
American tech companies positioned themselves as entities that brought positive change by connecting people and spreading information. Perceptions are shifting.
- Google Unveils Job Training Initiative With $1 Billion Pledge
By DAISUKE WAKABAYASHI - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
Amid a big-tech backlash, the Silicon Valley giant announced funding over five years to nonprofits that help prepare workers for the digital economy.
- State of the Art: On Russian Meddling, Mark Zuckerberg Follows a Familiar Playbook
By FARHAD MANJOO - Friday Sep 22, 2017
Mr. Zuckerberg’s modus operandi as a leader is to fix things long after they have broken, rather than to prevent problems in the first place.
- How Russia Harvested American Rage to Reshape U.S. Politics
By NICHOLAS CONFESSORE and DAISUKE WAKABAYASHI - Tuesday Oct 10, 2017
A Times examination of Russian-linked Facebook pages used in the 2016 election found that much of the content was taken directly from videos and posts from Americans.
- On Facebook and Twitter, a Hunt for Russia’s Meddling Hand
By SCOTT SHANE - Thursday Sep 7, 2017
Posing as ordinary Americans on Facebook and building “warlists” of Twitter accounts, suspected Russian agents infiltrated last year’s election.