Health insurer Centene Corp. is entering the New York market with a roughly $3.75 billion purchase of nonprofit health-insurance provider Fidelis Care.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 27, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - CLOUD FIDELIS CORP.
Around the Web
- Centene Agrees to Buy Fidelis Care in $3.75 Billion Deal
Wednesday Sep 13, 2017
- Centene to buy Fidelis Care for $3.75B to enter NY health insurance market
By USA TODAY - By USA TODAY - Wednesday Sep 13, 2017
Fidelis Care will be Centene's New York health plan.
- Billionaires, Bruised Egos, and the Death of a Grand Project
By CHARLES V. BAGLI and ROBIN POGREBIN - Sunday Sep 24, 2017
Barry Diller was about to win the battle for his $250 million arts pier, but then came the “petty questions” from his opponents and he decided to pull the plug.
- Near The East River, Plans Emerge For NY’s Next Life Science Center
By Ben Fidler - Monday Aug 21, 2017
At a time when biotech incubators and shared spaces are beginning to multiply in Manhattan, work on what could rank among the city’s largest biotech centers—if it can all come together—is just getting underway. According to Paul Wexler, a longtime healthcare-focused real estate broker, construction should begin next year on what is being called the […]
- Queens-based Fidelis Care sold for $3.75 billion
By Caroline Lewis and Jonathan LaMantia - Wednesday Sep 13, 2017
Centene Corp., the country's largest Medicaid managed care organization, has agreed to acquire Queens-based Fidelis Care for $3.75 billion in cash and stock.The acquisition gives publicly-traded...
To view the full story, click the title link.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”