One of the city’s prime shopping districts is a victim of its own success, as retailers can’t afford the rents and landlords can’t afford to lower them.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 23, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - CITY RENTS, INC.
Around the Web
- In a Thriving City, SoHo’s Soaring Rents Keep Storefronts Empty
By CHARLES V. BAGLI - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
- Inside New York City’s Priciest Rentals
By CAROLINE BIGGS - Friday Sep 1, 2017
Some New Yorkers could afford to buy multimillion-dollar properties, but they’d rather rent a place for upward of $20,000 a month.
- Another New York Diner Turns Off the Grill, a Victim of Rising Rents
By REMY TUMIN - Sunday Jul 16, 2017
Cup & Saucer is closing after more than 70 years in Lower Manhattan, the latest sign that the days of the classic city diner may be numbered.
- Economic Trends: To Understand Rising Inequality, Consider the Janitors at Two Top Companies, Then and Now
By NEIL IRWIN - Sunday Sep 3, 2017
Focusing on core competence and outsourcing the rest has made U.S. companies lean, nimble and productive. It has also left lots of people worse off.
- The Mayor and the Restaurateur: How de Blasio Sought Help for an Early Donor
By WILLIAM NEUMAN and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM - Monday Jul 24, 2017
Federal investigators, while declining to prosecute, still questioned City Hall’s conduct. Was the administration doing favors for contributors?
- Parking Spaces That Could Make You Rich
By KATE MURPHY - Thursday Nov 2, 2017
For steady and reliable income, small investors are increasingly looking to buy parking spaces in cities where parking is limited and pricey.