ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A New York state agency launched four years ago to protect the disabled from abuse and neglect was staffed with a team of investigators and prosecutors empowered to bring criminal cases against alleged wrongdoers. But it lacked one key thing, according to three recent court rulings: the legal authority to actually prosecute anyone.That has potentially put dozens of convictions in jeopardy and threatens to undermine the mission of the agency, known as the Justice Center, to protect the 1 million disabled, addicted and mentally ill in state care.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 15, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - CHUKSTE STAFFING CORPORATION
AROUND THE WEB
- NY agency called Justice Center may lack power to prosecute
By DAVID KLEPPER, Associated Press - Wednesday Sep 20, 2017
- Enjoy Those U.S. Open Highlights. A Computer Picked Them for You.
By SARAH LYALL - Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
Highlights posted on the U.S. Open’s website and app are selected by Watson, the IBM computer, using visual and audio information from matches.
- STAFFED UP — AND STYMIED Senate OKs nearly 70 WH nominees; blocks Trump recess appointments
By email@example.com (Fox News Online) - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- Real Corporate Tax Reform: Treat Corporate Earnings as Personal Income
Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Cutting the corporate tax rate is not reform. This is.
- Ted Cruz Blames His Twitter Porn Fiasco On A ‘Staffing Issue’ And Swears It Was A ‘Mistake’
By Andrew Husband - Tuesday Sep 12, 2017
Ted Cruz finally responded to the recent fiasco created by his official Twitter account, which liked a pornographic tweet on Monday.
- Social Enterprise: UK Staffing Firm Cordant Moves to CEO Pay Cap and Profit-Sharing
By Jason Schneiderman - Thursday Sep 14, 2017
Major UK staffing company dons the social enterprise mantle.