Demetrius Blackwell was found guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting of Brian Moore during an encounter in Queens in 2015.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 24, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - CHILDREN AND FAMILY LEARNING CENTER, INC.
Around the Web
- Gunman Convicted of Murder in New York Police Officer’s Death
By AL BAKER and JOHN SURICO - Thursday Nov 9, 2017
- A New Kind of Classroom: No Grades, No Failing, No Hurry
By KYLE SPENCER - Friday Aug 11, 2017
Mastery-based learning allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Asian Test-Prep Centers Offer Parents Exactly What They Want: ‘Results’
By ALICE YIN - Wednesday Oct 25, 2017
Like the “cram schools” of Asia, academies prepare students — many from immigrant families — for everything from A.P. exams to New York’s high school admissions test.
- In Trial, Officer Recalls Chaos of Shooting That Killed His Partner
By SARAH MASLIN NIR and JOHN SURICO - Tuesday Oct 24, 2017
More than two years after Officer Brian Moore was fatally shot in Queens, his fellow officers relived what led to the shooting, and the frantic rush to save his life.
- Sunday Routine: How Henry Threadgill, Composer, Spends His Sundays
By TAMMY La GORCE - Friday Sep 8, 2017
The longtime East Village resident wakes early, avoids the brunch crowd, and looks for inspiration in books, trees, art shows and dance performances.
- Jon Lester, Convicted in Howard Beach Race Attack, Dies at 48
By SAM ROBERTS - Tuesday Oct 24, 2017
At 17, he was called a ringleader in the 1986 assault by whites in Queens that left a black man dead and another badly beaten. The family said he committed suicide.