This special-occasion restaurant on the East River in Brooklyn was in many ways a pioneer, yet its understated charm and elegant owner still thrive.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 14, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - CHEN & LIN RESTAURANT INC.
Around the Web
- View From the River Café: 40 Years of Feasts and Firsts
By BRYAN MILLER - Monday Jul 31, 2017
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- An Insider’s Guide to Halal Takeout
By EMILY BRENNAN - Thursday Nov 9, 2017
A tour through several 24-hour Pakistani restaurants in New York reveals some commentary on Uber and Trump. But really, it’s all about the food.
- Jeremy Lin Shared Some Thoughts About Cultural Appropriation And His Dreadlocks
By Ryan Nagelhout - Wednesday Oct 4, 2017
Lin is trying out a new hairstyle, and he's looking for feedback on his dreads.
- Tom Colicchio Changes His Restaurant’s Racially Tinged Name
By KIM SEVERSON - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
The chef is renaming Fowler & Wells, after learning about the name’s connection with the debunked theories of phrenology.
- Kenyon Martin backtracks from Jeremy Lin haircut hullabaloo
By Brian Lewis - Sunday Oct 8, 2017
Former Nets star Kenyon Martin made waves this week by ripping Jeremy Lin’s dreadlocks and claiming the Brooklyn guard “wanted to be black.” Now Martin has deleted the controversial Instagram post and apologized to Lin in a TMZ video. Martin, who played for the Nets from 2000-04, insisted he was joking, admitted he was wrong...