“Who f – -?king invades Bushwick?” Most people would answer “hipsters.” But that question comes straight out of a new action movie called “Bushwick,” out Friday, which depicts a large-scale military invasion of the hot Brooklyn nabe — by Texas. Wait. Who makes an action movie about Bushwick? “I lived in Bushwick for about five...
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 09, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - BUSHWICK WORKSHOP SPACE, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- In action flick ‘Bushwick,’ militants, not hipsters, invade Brooklyn
By Johnny Oleksinski - Friday Aug 25, 2017
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- After 50 years, a private company will revive NASA’s “wet workshop”
By Eric Berger - Monday Jun 12, 2017
A big challenge, but the payoff is incredible: essentially "free" space stations.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- That Decisive Moment: Chilling Fervor: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments on YouTube
Friday Jul 21, 2017
Political messages from the pianist Igor Levit and the conductor Daniel Barenboim were among the highlights.
- Critic's Notebook: Fringe Festival? Not This Summer. Fringe Spirit? Definitely.
By LAURA COLLINS-HUGHES - Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
A plantation-set adaptation of “The Cherry Orchard” and a scatological monologue are visceral reminders of theater’s power to unsettle.