Facebook, Twitter and Alphabet Inc.’s Google head before US lawmakers on Tuesday for two days of grueling hearings on how Russia allegedly used their services to try to sway the 2016 US election. At stake for the Silicon Valley companies are their public images and the threat of tougher advertising regulations in the United States,...
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 25, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - BURKLEY CAPITOL INC
Around the Web
- Tech execs set to face Capitol Hill over Russian ads
By Reuters - Tuesday Oct 31, 2017
- What to Watch for as Facebook, Twitter and Google Executives Testify on Capitol Hill
By CECILIA KANG - Tuesday Oct 31, 2017
All three tech companies admitted ahead of hearings that Russia’s use of their platforms to sway the American electorate was bigger than previously acknowledged.
- A Drug Maker Spends Big in Washington to Make Itself Heard
By JAY HANCOCK, ELIZABETH LUCAS and SYDNEY LUPKIN - Friday Jul 21, 2017
Mallinckrodt’s spending on political donations and lobbying comes as the drug industry as a whole beefs up its Capitol Hill presence.
- Lawmakers Berate Former Equifax C.E.O. Over Huge Data Breach
By TARA SIEGEL BERNARD and STACY COWLEY - Tuesday Oct 3, 2017
Richard F. Smith, the credit bureau’s former chief executive, appeared on Capitol Hill to answer questions about the hacking and Equifax’s response to it.
- Senate Panel Likely to Ask Facebook to Detail Russian Activity During Election
Wednesday Sep 13, 2017
The bipartisan leadership of the Senate Intelligence Committee said it is likely to call representatives from Facebook Inc. to Capitol Hill to publicly detail Russian activity on the company’s platform during the 2016 election.
- The Daily: Listen to ‘The Daily’: Mueller’s Strategy, and an Attack in New York
By MICHAEL BARBARO - Wednesday Nov 1, 2017
We look at the Russia investigation, internet giants’ hearings on Capitol Hill, and the terrorist attack in Lower Manhattan.