The sale of the department store’s flagship Fifth Avenue building marks the end of shopping as fun, and the rise of work as a way of life.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 11, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - BUILT FOR LIFE INC.
Around the Web
- Big City: Lord & Taylor, WeWork and the Death of Leisure
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Friday Oct 27, 2017
- Spooked by Real Life? Bring On the Halloween Frights
By ISAAC OLIVER - Thursday Oct 26, 2017
A writer put himself through four haunted houses and theater experiences to see if he could hack it. Here is his (haunted) story.
- Time Inc. to Launch Sports Illustrated TV
Wednesday Nov 15, 2017
Time Inc. will launch a subscription streaming service Thursday built around its iconic sports publication, as it tries to counter punishing economics in its legacy business with bets on digital media.
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
- This ‘Indestructible Hoodie’ Is Built To Last 100 Years
By Allison Sanchez - Tuesday Jun 27, 2017
Adventure clothing brand, Vollebak, has created a sweatshirt that will outlive us all.