The 2008 financial crisis and 2013 city bankruptcy gutted Detroit’s housing market. Now, Detroit is experimenting with unorthodox ways to get people to buy homes and renovate houses that would be vacant otherwise.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 11, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - BROOME COUNTY LAND BANK CORPORATION
Around the Web
- From Motor City to Housing Incubator
By MATTHEW GOLDSTEIN - Saturday Nov 4, 2017
- Call It Splitsville, N.Y.: Hasidic Enclave to Get Its Own Town
By LISA W. FODERARO - Sunday Nov 19, 2017
Residents in the village of Kiryas Joel, in Orange County, and those in the Town of Monroe voted to part ways, ending years of conflict over zoning.
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- Corporate Bond Markets Asleep at the Wheel
Tuesday Jul 11, 2017
Even as government bonds have been roiled by central banks, corporate debt markets have been surprisingly calm.
- Philadelphia Land Bank Director to Bring Community Lens to Land-Use Decisions
By Steve Dubb - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
Land banks are a growing part of the city government landscape. Just a decade ago, fewer than a dozen US land banks existed; now, there are well over 100.
- NC County Cuts Corporate Incentives to Support Local Economy
By Steve Dubb - Monday Oct 23, 2017
Why should nonprofits care about corporate tax incentives? It’s money coming out of our tax pocketbook, and in this Southern county, those dollars have been repurposed to build community.