A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 25, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - BROOKLYN SMOKE SHOP INC.
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- Sunday Routine: How Yahdon Israel, of #LiterarySwag, Spends His Sundays
By ANNIE CORREAL - Sunday Oct 29, 2017
Recently named the editor in chief of Brooklyn Magazine, Mr. Israel shops, reads books by and about women, and mixes himself a special cocktail.
- Sunday Routine: How Shan-Lyn Ma, Wedding Registry Founder, Spends Her Sundays
By NANCY A. RUHLING - Friday Sep 22, 2017
Ms. Ma, the chief executive of Zola and a resident of Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, writes in her journal, listens to podcasts and shops in Chinatown.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The Metropolitan Detention Center has relatively few female inmates. Yet it accounts for a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases involving them.