Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 04, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - BROOKLYN SAFE & CLEAN DEMOLITION CORP.
Around the Web
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
- A Gray Puff, and the Old Kosciuszko Bridge Is No More
By ANDY NEWMAN and PATRICK McGEEHAN - Sunday Oct 1, 2017
The bridge, which stitched Brooklyn and Queens together through 78 years of congestion and complaint, was brought down in a carefully controlled explosion.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The Metropolitan Detention Center has relatively few female inmates. Yet it accounts for a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases involving them.
- Celebrating Black Diversity
Thursday Aug 31, 2017
The Brooklyn-based festival has everything from skate competitions to public art. It is built to be a safe space for expression.
- Defunding AmeriCorps: Another of the Trump Crew’s Demolitions
By Jason Schneiderman - Tuesday Jul 11, 2017
As Trump’s mean-spirited ideological pivots become budget and policy proposals, his administration appears oblivious to action and consequence.