Recently named the editor in chief of Brooklyn Magazine, Mr. Israel shops, reads books by and about women, and mixes himself a special cocktail.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 24, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - BROOKLYN BOOK FESTIVAL, INC.
Around the Web
- Sunday Routine: How Yahdon Israel, of #LiterarySwag, Spends His Sundays
By ANNIE CORREAL - Sunday Oct 29, 2017
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- New York Today: New York Today: New Subway Clocks
By JONATHAN WOLFE - Monday Aug 7, 2017
Monday: Rolling out new subway clocks, the Corkscrew Theater Festival, and National Lighthouse Day.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.
- Critic's Notebook: Fringe Festival? Not This Summer. Fringe Spirit? Definitely.
By LAURA COLLINS-HUGHES - Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
A plantation-set adaptation of “The Cherry Orchard” and a scatological monologue are visceral reminders of theater’s power to unsettle.