Mr. Khosrowshahi has many tasks ahead of him, including repairing Uber’s internal culture and preparing the company for a self-driving future.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 30, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - BRIGHTER SOCIETY FOUNDATION, INC
Around the Web
- Uber’s C.E.O. Pick, Dara Khosrowshahi, Steps Into Brighter Spotlight
By DAVID STREITFELD and NELLIE BOWLES - Monday Aug 28, 2017
- Boot-Camp Prisons Aim to Prepare Inmates for a Brighter Future
Sunday Jul 31, 2016
The Moriah Shock Incarceration Correctional Facility in Mineville, N.Y., is one of a handful of boot-camp prisons nationwide that offer shorter sentences in exchange for participation in programs that aim to reduce recidivism. Photo: Claudio Papapietro for The Wall Street Journal
- George Soros Transfers Billions to Open Society Foundations
By DAVID GELLES - Tuesday Oct 17, 2017
Mr. Soros has moved about $18 billion to Open Society, which promotes democracy and human rights around the world. He plans to give still more.
- Less about the Leader, More about the Effort: Open Society Foundations Does a Transition
By Jeannie Fox - Monday Sep 18, 2017
Internal promotions ensure no major change in priorities during Open Society Foundations’ leadership transition.
- Soros Gives $18B to Foundation to Support “Open Society” Vision of Democracy
By Ruth McCambridge - Wednesday Oct 18, 2017
George Soros doubles down on his philanthropy, leading Open Society Foundation to become the nation’s second-largest foundation after Gates. But, there are many other things to note about the evolution of this unusual philanthropy.