Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
bright start, inc.
2223 katonah ave.
katonah, new york,
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Dec 30, 1981)
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 15, 1974
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1974 - BRIGHT START, INC.
Around the Web
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
- Big City: Lord & Taylor, WeWork and the Death of Leisure
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Friday Oct 27, 2017
The sale of the department store’s flagship Fifth Avenue building marks the end of shopping as fun, and the rise of work as a way of life.
- Disrupting the World of Private School With Tech and Guinea Pigs
By KATE TAYLOR - Monday Nov 20, 2017
Start-ups, including one from sharing-economy company WeWork, try to shake up the staid, and pricey, status quo of New York’s independent schools.
- State of the Art: How the Frightful Five Put Start-Ups in a Lose-Lose Situation
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Oct 18, 2017
In Silicon Valley, small companies used to unseat big ones. Now the clutches of the five biggest tech companies are hard to escape.
- Amazon Deal for Whole Foods Starts a Supermarket War
By RACHEL ABRAMS and JULIE CRESWELL - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The grocery-store industry now faces, in addition to overseas competitors, a deep-pocketed rival with a track record of moving customers online.
- There was one bright spot for an exhausted Giants defense
By Mark Cannizzaro - Monday Sep 11, 2017
ARLINGTON, Texas — Sure, it seemed like the Giants defense was on the field for not one game, but two in a dreadful 19-3 loss Sunday night to the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium. It felt like the Giants defense was on the field for a 1 p.m. Sunday start and was still on the field...