The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 28, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - BLO DRY BAR 72ND ST CORP.
Around the Web
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Live briefing: United Nations General Assembly Convenes in New York
By THE NEW YORK TIMES - Tuesday Sep 19, 2017
The 193-member United Nations is gathering for the 72nd session of the General Assembly. Here are the highlights.
- Mayor Offers $32 Million Plan to Ice Some Rats. Hopefully.
By J. DAVID GOODMAN - Thursday Jul 13, 2017
Mayor Bill de Blasio’s plan would use dry ice to suffocate rats in their burrows and bar some buildings in rat strongholds from leaving trash out overnight.
- Five Sites of New York’s L.G.B.T. History
Monday Jun 19, 2017
Jacob Riis Park, a Manhattan church, the Bum Bum Bar and more. In 360 degrees, visit five sites that helped shape New York City’s L.G.B.T. community and its history.
- Hip new eateries coming to Upper West Side, Hell’s Kitchen
By Jennifer Gould Keil - Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
Mediterranean chic is coming to the Upper West Side. Spuntino Bar, formerly Vai Restaurant run by Chef Vincent Chirico, has opened at 429 Amsterdam Ave. at 81st Street under the same chef and owner. Spuntino Bar will feature 14 tables, some communal seating, a half dozen seats at the bar, and more at the front...
- Restaurant Review: Without Calling Itself a Wine Bar, Cervo’s Acts Like One
By PETE WELLS - Tuesday Sep 26, 2017
A new restaurant on the Lower East Side pours Spanish and Portuguese drinks that leave the familiar behind. And it keeps the food simple.