A historical marker honoring Emmett Till — the black teen who was kidnapped, beaten and shot in 1955 for simply whistling at a white woman — was defaced over the weekend, marking the second time it’s been vandalized in less than a year. A tour group stumbled upon the scratched up sign, located along the...
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 12, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - BLACK MARKER GROUP , LLC
Around the Web
- Historical marker honoring Emmett Till defaced by vandals
By Chris Perez - Tuesday Jun 27, 2017
- Predominantly black group fights to keep Confederate statues in Dallas
By Yaron Steinbuch - Wednesday Aug 16, 2017
A group made up of predominantly African-Americans has called for Confederate statues in Dallas to remain standing – despite a nationwide push to remove similar markers after the deadly rally in Charlottesville. “I’m not intimidated by Robert E. Lee’s statue. I’m not intimidated by it. It doesn’t scare me,” Sandra Crenshaw, a former city council...
- Restaurant Review: A New Kind of Sichuan Restaurant for New York
By PETE WELLS - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
In downtown Flushing, Queens, Guan Fu Sichuan shows off the rich variety of flavors beyond the familiar blast of chiles.
- Letter of Recommendation: Letter of Recommendation: Karaoke at Home
By JENNY ZHANG - Friday Jul 7, 2017
Solo singing as an antidote to bullying, racism and rage.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”
- A New Kind of Classroom: No Grades, No Failing, No Hurry
By KYLE SPENCER - Friday Aug 11, 2017
Mastery-based learning allows students to learn at their own pace.