Natural remedies are great and all, but sometimes they go terribly wrong.
Eating raw aloe vera is a new trend in China, particularly among young women who livestream themselves consuming the plant for all its health benefits. But things took a decidedly unhealthy turn for one wellness vlogger, who realized the plant she took a hearty bite of while broadcasting was not, in fact, aloe.
The 26-year-old woman was actually eating Agave americana, a plant which contains toxins that can cause burns and swelling in the throat. It does look very similar to an aloe plant, so it's an easy enough mistake to make. Read more...More about Watercooler, Healthy Eating, Vlogger, Aloe Vera, and Health Fitness