The October Revolution in Jazz & Contemporary Music sparked inspiration onstage but fell short of accomplishing the goals of its 1964 predecessor.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 20, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
15 CUTTER MILL ROAD, SUITE 281
GREAT NECK, NEW YORK, 11021
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - AVANTE GARDE INC
Around the Web
- Critic’s Notebook: A Revolution in Jazz? An Avant-Garde Festival Makes History, but Not Community
By GIOVANNI RUSSONELLO - Monday Oct 9, 2017
- Where the Wild Things Are: China’s Art Dreamers at the Guggenheim
By JANE PERLEZ - Wednesday Sep 20, 2017
A story of China from 1989 to 2008, seen through the eyes of its avant-garde artists.
- The Pioneering Modernist Who Wrote an Audacious String Quartet
By WILLIAM ROBIN - Sunday Oct 15, 2017
Ruth Crawford Seeger created pathbreaking music. But her family’s folk revival legacy has overshadowed her avant-garde compositions.
- British baby Charlie Gard’s latest brain scan is a ‘sad reading’
By Associated Press - Saturday Jul 22, 2017
LONDON — The British parents of critically ill baby Charlie Gard have been told by a hospital lawyer that the results of their son’s latest brain scans make for “sad reading.” Great Ormond Street Hospital lawyer Katie Gollop broke the bad news to Charlie’s parents at a pre-court hearing Friday in London. Charlie’s father, Chris...
- Charlie Gard Dies, Leaving Legacy of Thorny Ethics Questions
By DAN BILEFSKY - Friday Jul 28, 2017
The plight of the incurably ill British infant, who was just shy of one year old, led to a protracted and emotional legal battle.
- For Parents of Children Like Charlie Gard, Learning to ‘Redefine Hope’
By DAN BILEFSKY - Monday Aug 7, 2017
The death of a British baby evoked painful memories in other parents of incurably ill children.