A federal appeals court has overturned the corruption conviction of former New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 14, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - ASSEMBLY OF THE WORLD DIASPORAS
Around the Web
- Conviction Overturned for ex-NY Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver
Thursday Jul 13, 2017
- Watch Live: World Leaders Speak at U.N. General Assembly
Tuesday Sep 19, 2017
World leaders are addressing nuclear weapons, climate change and more at the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
- Recognizing the Forced Diaspora and Persecution of Rohingya Muslims
By Erin Rubin - Wednesday Aug 16, 2017
The world’s most persecuted minority, Myanmar’s Rohingya people, have been threatened with expulsion by an increasingly isolationist India. If the BJP succeeds in throwing them out, they quite literally, have nowhere to go.
- Dean Skelos’s 2015 Corruption Conviction Is Overturned
By BENJAMIN WEISER - Tuesday Sep 26, 2017
A federal appeals panel cited the same Supreme Court decision used to vacate the conviction of Sheldon Silver, the former Assembly speaker.
- Protesters violently ejected from Erdogan speech in NYC
By Hollie McKay,Perry Chiaramonte - Thursday Sep 21, 2017
Violence broke out at another event involving Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Thursday, four months after a widely publicized brawl in Washington that led to the indictment of 15 Turkish security personnel.
- Live briefing: United Nations General Assembly Convenes in New York
By THE NEW YORK TIMES - Tuesday Sep 19, 2017
The 193-member United Nations is gathering for the 72nd session of the General Assembly. Here are the highlights.