Under a deal with federal prosecutors, the seller of art supplies agreed to return the items, pay the government $3 million and improve the way it collects antiquities.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 02, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - ARTS & ANTIQUES COLLECTIONS, INC.
Around the Web
- Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq
By ALAN FEUER - Wednesday Jul 5, 2017
- Hidden Treasures of Nazis’ Art Dealer Finally Go on Display
By MELISSA EDDY - Wednesday Nov 1, 2017
Exhibitions in Germany and Switzerland will display the Gurlitt collection, first revealed in 2013, including works from Monet, Renoir and Cézanne.
- Upstate NY library selling off art collection to pay bills
Wednesday Nov 22, 2017
A western New York library plans to put more of its valuable art collection up for auction, a move that has drawn opposition from some of the organization's supporters.
- Art Review: Collecting Strokes of Genius
By HOLLAND COTTER - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
Goya, Rembrandt and van Gogh (for starters) lead the Thaw collection at the Morgan, one of the great troves of treasured drawings.
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
- Art Review: From China’s Artist-Activist, a Citywide Great Wall
By JASON FARAGO - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
Ai Weiwei has endured frequent gripes that his activism has got the better of his art. That gripe is unfounded.