Barry Diller was about to win the battle for his $250 million arts pier, but then came the “petty questions” from his opponents and he decided to pull the plug.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 05, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - ART OF SHINE CORP.
Around the Web
- Billionaires, Bruised Egos, and the Death of a Grand Project
By CHARLES V. BAGLI and ROBIN POGREBIN - Sunday Sep 24, 2017
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
- At a Chelsea Art Gallery, an Age Requirement: Over 60 Only
By JAMES BARRON - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
The Carter Burden Gallery seeks to correct an art world problem: Older, lesser-known artists are too often passed over. Thirty-somethings need not apply.
- The Place Beyond the Fire Island Pines
By PHILIP GEFTER - Monday Oct 23, 2017
Columbia County, a quiet part of upstate New York, has emerged as a 21st-century haven — and a reminder of the ongoing relevance of the queer community.
- A Winning Design for a New York Monument to Gay and Transgender People
By JOSHUA BARONE - Sunday Jun 25, 2017
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced that the artist Anthony Goicolea had been selected to design the monument in Hudson River Park in Manhattan.
- David Geffen Criticizes ‘Shameful’ Lack of Support for Concert Hall
By ROBIN POGREBIN and MICHAEL COOPER - Wednesday Oct 4, 2017
Mr. Geffen lamented the downsizing of the $500 million David Geffen Hall project at Lincoln Center. “New York should have the best of everything,” he said.