FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Google is partnering with AutoNation, the country's largest auto dealership chain, in its push to build a self-driving car.AutoNation said Thursday that its dealerships will provide maintenance and repairs for Waymo's self-driving fleet of Chrysler Pacifica vehicles. The agreement will include additional models when Waymo brings them on line.Terms of the multi-year deal were not disclosed.Google has been partnering with a number of car-centric companies like Avis, the ridesharing company Lyft, and Fiat Chrysler.AutoNation Inc., based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, runs about 360 dealerships in the U.S.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 21, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - AR AUTO CLB INC
Around the Web
- Google and AutoNation partner on self-driving car program
Thursday Nov 2, 2017
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
- Take Two cancels plans to stop printing money via Grand Theft Auto Online
By Sam Machkovech - Thursday Aug 3, 2017
Take Two’s “better-than-expected” Q1 2018 driven primarily by paid GTA Online DLC.
- Surprising no one, Tim Cook says Apple is “focusing” on auto autonomy
By Megan Geuss - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Also calls electric driving “a marvelous experience," expects ride sharing to take off.
- Grand Theft Auto modding project folds following Take-Two’s demands
By David Kravets - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Dev says Take-Two told him that modding games is “an illegal activity.”
- Single-player modding returns to GTA V after publisher takedown
By Kyle Orland - Saturday Jun 24, 2017
Popular OpenIV tool restored after discussions, changes to protect multiplayer.