New Jersey is making a high-dollar pitch for Newark to become Amazon.com Inc.’s second headquarters, offering up to $7 billion in state and city tax incentives.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 05, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - APPLIED OPTICS, INC.
Around the Web
- Newark Offers $7 Billion in Incentives to Lure Amazon
Monday Oct 16, 2017
- Newark Says, Hey Amazon, Look Over Here
By CHARLES V. BAGLI - Monday Oct 16, 2017
With universities, an international airport and lots of space, the New Jersey city says it is the perfect location for the online retailer’s second headquarters.
- Justice Department Clears CenturyLink's $25 Billion Takeover of Level 3
Tuesday Oct 3, 2017
The U.S. Justice Department agreed to clear CenturyLink Inc.’s $25 billion takeover of Level 3 Communications Inc. if the telecom providers shed some of their fiber-optic infrastructure, moving the deal one step closer to closing.
- Tech Tip: Converting Pictures Into Words You Can Process
By J. D. BIERSDORFER - Wednesday Aug 9, 2017
Optical-character recognition software can transform manuscript images into text files you can edit, but pay close attention to the results.
- People Are Applying For This NYTimes Travel Writing Gig In Droves (And You Should Too!)
By Hope R. Carter - Tuesday Oct 24, 2017
Twitter is ablaze after the New York Times posted an ad for a yearlong travel journalist position.
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.