(AP) — A judge has ordered computer-maker Apple Inc. to pay more than $506 million in a patent infringement case brought by the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation after the two sides agreed on final damages.A jury in 2015 found Apple infringed on a patent held by the foundation, which supports research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 30, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - APPLE SEED FOUNDATION INC.
Around the Web
- Apple ordered to pay $506M in Wisconsin patent infringement
Thursday Jul 27, 2017
- Economic Trends: To Understand Rising Inequality, Consider the Janitors at Two Top Companies, Then and Now
By NEIL IRWIN - Sunday Sep 3, 2017
Focusing on core competence and outsourcing the rest has made U.S. companies lean, nimble and productive. It has also left lots of people worse off.
- A Slump in Tech Stocks That Leaves Some Investors Mystified
By LANDON THOMAS Jr. - Monday Jun 12, 2017
Shares of Netflix, Apple and other giant technology companies that have powered a market rally have taken an uncharacteristic pause.
- State of the Art: The Frightful Five Want to Rule Entertainment. They Are Hitting Limits.
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Oct 11, 2017
Apple, Google and other tech giants are pushing deeper into cultural industries — and stumbling in ways that suggest a certain cluelessness.
- Japanese Maple Seed Propagation: Tips On Planting Japanese Maple Seeds
By Liz Baessler - Sunday Aug 13, 2017
- State of the Art: Can Washington Stop Big Tech Companies? Don’t Bet on It
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Oct 25, 2017
Why the government seems paralyzed in the face of the power and influence of companies like Apple, Google and Microsoft.