In the film set during the Occupation during World War II, matinee heartthrob Jean-Paul Belmondo is a country priest who finds himself drawn to a cynical young widow (Emmanuelle Riva), who has abandoned religion for Communism.Melville was part of the French Resistance during the war, so he knew the Occupation inside and outside.The screening Sunday, July 16, at the Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive is a good opportunity to pay tribute to Riva.Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive, 2155 Center St., Berkeley.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 01, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - ANIDAN U.S.
Around the Web
- Melville’s ‘Leon Morin: Priest’ pairs Belmondo, Riva
By G. Allen Johnson - Wednesday Jul 12, 2017
- NY judge sparks outrage after freeing alleged cop attacker - US Army soldier charged in killing of wife, NY state trooper after domestic dispute
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Fox News Online) - Monday Jul 10, 2017
- Lincoln-Sudbury Claims State Title to Round Out Final Nike/USL HSB Top 25
By mschneider - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
- Retail Stores Made Elmira, N.Y., an Unlikely Success---Now They're Gone
Wednesday Sep 27, 2017
To understand the ripple effects of the collapse in traditional retail, look no further than Elmira, N.Y. The surrounding county, famed for its trail-blazing mall, is more exposed to 2017’s brick-and-mortar carnage than almost anywhere in the U.S.
- Twins' Melville struggles in Game 1 loss to White Sox
Monday Aug 21, 2017
AL-worst Chicago has won three of four