George A. Romero, the godfather of the modern zombie apocalypse flick and creator of the 1968 horror masterpiece “Night of the Living Dead,” did Sunday of cancer, his family said. He was 77. The Bronx-born director — who fought a “brief but aggressive battle with lung cancer” — passed on peacefully in Toronto with his...
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 25, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - ANA PENA PROMISE LUNG CANCER FOUNDATION, INC.
Around the Web
- Zombie flick legend George A. Romero dies at 77
By Linda Massarella - Sunday Jul 16, 2017
- A Golf Center Grows in Harlem
By PAUL ROGERS - Friday Aug 25, 2017
A leader of the Bridge Golf Foundation hopes it will be a “model for progressive gentrification” through its work with underprivileged and mostly black adolescent boys.
- Sunday Routine: How Sheryll Durrant, Urban Farmer, Spends Her Sundays
By SHIVANI VORA - Friday Sep 15, 2017
The resident manager of the Kelly Street Garden, in South Bronx’s Longwood neighborhood, sleeps in and spends time with her husband and teenage son.
- New America, a Google-Funded Think Tank, Faces Backlash for Firing a Google Critic
By KENNETH P. VOGEL - Friday Sep 1, 2017
The president of the New America Foundation promises staff there will be “deep internal discussion” about its donors’ influence.
- A Gay Husband, a Dire Diagnosis and the Best-Laid Plans
By DANIELLE PERESS, M.D. - Thursday Nov 9, 2017
I was just as unprepared to hear my doctor say “lung cancer” as I had been to hear my husband say “I’m gay.”
- “Alternative” medicine’s toll on cancer patients: Death rate up to 5X higher
By Beth Mole - Wednesday Aug 16, 2017
Researchers hope the data will guide patients to effective treatments.