A federal judge ruled that state officials’ actions were racially driven when they ended a Mexican-American studies program in Tucson’s public schools.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 17, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - AMERICAN STUDY AND CAREER PROGRAM INC
AROUND THE WEB
- Tucson’s Mexican Studies Program Was a Victim of ‘Racial Animus,’ Judge Says
By MAGGIE ASTOR - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
- Netflix and Ava DuVernay to Collaborate on ‘Central Park Jogger’ Series
By JOHN KOBLIN - Thursday Jul 6, 2017
The “Selma” director will write and direct the five-episode series on the racially fraught rape case involving five teenagers who were falsely accused.
- Court Rules Racial Animus at Root of Ouster of Ethnic Studies Program
By Carole Levine - Monday Aug 28, 2017
Federal Judge A. Wallace Tashima has ruled that racial animus was at the core of the decision to discontinue a Mexican-American Studies program in Tucson’s public schools.
- For 18 Hours, Cabbie Sat Dead in Front Seat
By KIM BARKER - Monday Aug 14, 2017
A driver parked his taxi to take a break in SoHo. He died behind the wheel. Then, for nearly a day, New Yorkers went about their lives — just feet from his body.
- Women of Sex Tech, Unite
By ANNA NORTH - Friday Aug 18, 2017
New York is becoming a cultural center for young women trying to disrupt the male-dominated industries of design engineering and sex toys.
- An Federal Judge Declares An Arizona School District’s Ban On Ethnic Studies To Be Unconstitutional
By emmieodea - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
A federal judge found that the Tucson school district's Mexican-American studies program was banned on racially motivated grounds.