Hurricane Irma has ushered in a long-anticipated and planned privatization of Puerto Rico’s energy sector. What will this mean for Puerto Rico and climate change? Puerto Ricans are arguing for something radically different.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 16, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - ALTERNATIVE & RENEWABLE ENERGY GROUP LLC
Around the Web
- The Privatization of Puerto Rico’s Energy Sector and the Desperate Need for an Alternative
By Cyndi Suarez - Monday Sep 18, 2017
- Helix Energy Solutions Exploring Strategic Alternatives
Monday Oct 9, 2017
Offshore energy company Helix Energy Solutions Group is exploring strategic alternatives.
- Chile’s Energy Transformation Is Powered by Wind, Sun and Volcanoes
By ERNESTO LONDOÑO - Saturday Aug 12, 2017
Once energy dependent, Chile is on track to become a renewables powerhouse with the potential to export electricity.
- Generating Green Energy in a Chilean Desert
Saturday Aug 12, 2017
Chile is advancing in its goals for reliance on renewable energy, with South America’s first geothermal plant and a constellation of solar and wind farms.
- What Happens to Solar Power in an Eclipse? We’ll Find Out Monday
By BRAD PLUMER - Friday Aug 18, 2017
Grid operators will scramble when solar panels go dark — a rare trial run for a future in which the nation will be more reliant on renewable energy.
- Germany’s Shift to Green Power Stalls, Despite Huge Investments
By STANLEY REED - Saturday Oct 7, 2017
The country has spent about $222 billion on renewable energy subsidies, often from higher electricity bills. But emissions are stuck at roughly 2009 levels.