A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 08, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - ALHABIB EXPRESS TOBACCO SHOP INC
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- Sunday Routine: How Shan-Lyn Ma, Wedding Registry Founder, Spends Her Sundays
By NANCY A. RUHLING - Friday Sep 22, 2017
Ms. Ma, the chief executive of Zola and a resident of Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, writes in her journal, listens to podcasts and shops in Chinatown.
- Shareholders weigh British American, Reynolds tobacco merger
By EMERY P. DALESIO, AP Business Writer - Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Shareholders of British American Tobacco and Reynolds American Inc. were scheduled to decide Wednesday whether to approve a merger that would create the world's largest publicly traded tobacco company.The takeover marks an end for what became R.J. Reynolds Tobacco, which stamped its home state of North Carolina as a center during a bygone era of smoking's popularity through its Winston and Salem brands.
- Big Tobacco Will Admit In New Ads That All Cigarettes Are Bad For You, Intentionally Addictive
By Mary Beth Quirk - Wednesday Oct 4, 2017
Eleven years after a federal court ordered the country’s biggest cigarette producers to produce a series of warning ads informing people about the dangers of their products, Big Tobacco is finally preparing to publish those “corrective statements” in TV ads, newspapers, online, and in cigarette packaging.Philip Morris USA parent company Altria Group Inc. and British American Tobacco — the …
- At Walmart Academy, Training Better Managers. But With a Better Future?
By MICHAEL CORKERY - Tuesday Aug 8, 2017
A new program for store supervisors and department managers may make them better employees but may not help them reach the middle class.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.