A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Dec 30, 1981)
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 24, 1973
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1973 - ACTION AUTO BODY, INC.
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- Man Tied to Cinder Block and Dumped in Water Was Son of Mob Associate
By ASHLEY SOUTHALL - Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
The body of Carmine Carini, 35, was found floating in Mill Basin in Brooklyn. The police do not yet know why he was killed.
- NY insurance company dragged into Wells Fargo scandal
By Kevin Dugan - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The New York insurance company that wrote policies for 800,000 questionable Wells Fargo auto loans has been dragged into the bank’s latest scandal. National General Insurance was named in a class-action lawsuit filed against the bank — for allegedly unduly profiting from $80 million in collateral protection insurance that the drivers didn’t need — and...
- For 18 Hours, Cabbie Sat Dead in Front Seat
By KIM BARKER - Monday Aug 14, 2017
A driver parked his taxi to take a break in SoHo. He died behind the wheel. Then, for nearly a day, New Yorkers went about their lives — just feet from his body.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.