Barry Diller was about to win the battle for his $250 million arts pier, but then came the “petty questions” from his opponents and he decided to pull the plug.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Dec 23, 1992)
NYS Filing Date
JULY 23, 1979
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1979 - GLO MAR ART WORKS CORP.
Around the Web
- Billionaires, Bruised Egos, and the Death of a Grand Project
By CHARLES V. BAGLI and ROBIN POGREBIN - Sunday Sep 24, 2017
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
- Near The East River, Plans Emerge For NY’s Next Life Science Center
By Ben Fidler - Monday Aug 21, 2017
At a time when biotech incubators and shared spaces are beginning to multiply in Manhattan, work on what could rank among the city’s largest biotech centers—if it can all come together—is just getting underway. According to Paul Wexler, a longtime healthcare-focused real estate broker, construction should begin next year on what is being called the […]
- At a Chelsea Art Gallery, an Age Requirement: Over 60 Only
By JAMES BARRON - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
The Carter Burden Gallery seeks to correct an art world problem: Older, lesser-known artists are too often passed over. Thirty-somethings need not apply.
- Kahlil Joseph’s New Film Is Steeped in Harlem’s History. And His Own.
By DANIEL McDERMON - Tuesday Oct 31, 2017
The director Kahlil Joseph, who has worked with Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar, presents his most personal work to date at the New Museum.
- Upstate NY library selling off art collection to pay bills
Wednesday Nov 22, 2017
A western New York library plans to put more of its valuable art collection up for auction, a move that has drawn opposition from some of the organization's supporters.