After invasive species and hurricanes wreaked havoc on a forest in the park, thousands of shrubs and trees are being planted.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 20, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - 7 TREES DAIRY GOATS LLC
Around the Web
- Works in Progress: In Prospect Park, First the Goats, Then the Shrubbery
By HELENE STAPINSKI - Thursday Oct 5, 2017
- These Hungry Goats Learned to Branch Out
By NICHOLAS BAKALAR - Monday Jun 12, 2017
In Morocco, goats graze in argan trees for scarce forage. The trees benefit, too.
- These Adorable Goats Are Helping To Restore Brooklyn’s Last Natural Forest
By John Converse Townsend - Friday Sep 22, 2017
Able to eat around 25 pounds of weeds in a single shift, the goats are freeing Prospect Park of invasive species and clearing the way for park staff to plant more native trees.
When Superstorm Sandy hit New York in 2012, it left millions of people without power and destroyed thousands of homes. The storm also battered Brooklyn’s Prospect Park with tropical-storm-force winds, damaging or felling more than 500 trees. Some of the trees that still stand predate the park, which opened to the public in 1867, making Prospect Park home to the last remaining hardwood forest in the borough.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”
- Birth of 'demon goat' terrifies town; police are called
Friday Jul 21, 2017
An alarming picture of a baby goat born with a ‘demonic’ face is generating plenty of buzz.
- Hardwood Information: Recognizing Hardwood Tree Characteristics
By Teo Spangler - Thursday Sep 14, 2017