The price illustrates the broader rise in real estate values in Hong Kong, already home to an expensive housing market per square foot.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 08, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - 642 HONG KONG KITCHEN INC.
Around the Web
- A $664,000 Parking Spot Symbolizes Hong Kong’s Property Frenzy
By AUSTIN RAMZY - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
- Hong Kong Journal: Homelessness, Poverty and Injustice: Touring Hong Kong’s Darker Side
By CHARLOTTE GRAHAM - Monday Jul 31, 2017
As other tourists flock to wealthy shopping districts, some learn from guides about Hong Kong’s underpaid domestic workers and volatile politics.
- Hong Kong Journal: Crackdown Chills Hong Kong’s Indie Music Scene
By MIKE IVES - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
Restrictive zoning and performance rules are hindering musicians, who are already hard-pressed to find venues that cater to working-class fans.
- Court Deals Major Blow to Hong Kong’s Pro-Democracy Movement
By ALAN WONG - Friday Jul 14, 2017
The court removed four elected legislators, assuring China greater influence over Hong Kong’s government at least until by-elections are held.
- A car park space in Hong Kong just sold for the low low price of $664,260
By Yvette Tan - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
In a city where land is sparse, even parking lots go for a premium.
A parking space in Hong Kong has been sold for a record $664,260 (HK$ 5.18 million) — making it the most expensive parking space in the world, according to the South China Morning Post.
At just 188 square feet, or 17.5 square metres, that works out to a staggering $3,500 per square foot.
To put things in context, apartments in New York went for an average price of $1,750 per square foot, in mid-2016.Hong Kong, Parking Lot, Car Park, Property Prices, and World
- Pro-China and Pro-Democracy Rallies on a Hong Kong Anniversary
Saturday Jul 1, 2017
Pro-democracy and pro-Beijing demonstrations took place in Hong Kong amid a visit by President Xi Jinping of China. Saturday was the 20th anniversary of the handover of Hong Kong from Britain to China.