NEW YORK (AP) — Aretha Franklin will sing in honor of Elton John before she retires later this year.John announced Tuesday that the Queen of Soul will perform at his annual AIDS charity event on Nov. 7 at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York. This year marks the Elton John AIDS Foundation's 25th year.Former President Bill Clinton, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Sharon Stone will pay tribute to John's work as a philanthropist and humanitarian.Franklin said this year that she plans to retire and is working on a new album. The 74-year-old said after retiring she will perform at "some select things.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 22, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - 455 ELTON ST LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Aretha Franklin to perform at Elton John's AIDS gala
Tuesday Sep 12, 2017
- That Decisive Moment: Chilling Fervor: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments on YouTube
Friday Jul 21, 2017
Political messages from the pianist Igor Levit and the conductor Daniel Barenboim were among the highlights.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The Metropolitan Detention Center has relatively few female inmates. Yet it accounts for a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases involving them.
- New York Today: New York Today: New Subway Clocks
By JONATHAN WOLFE - Monday Aug 7, 2017
Monday: Rolling out new subway clocks, the Corkscrew Theater Festival, and National Lighthouse Day.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”