Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 22, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
RICHARD C. LURIE
859 MADISON STREET
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, 11221
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - 33 1/3 WORLD, INC.
Around the Web
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- At This Brooklyn Bar, It’s Just You, Your Date and the Barman
By ALAN FEUER - Friday Oct 13, 2017
Feel like bending an elbow? The Threesome Tollbooth, in Bushwick, practically requires you to in order to fit into the place.
- Brooklyn-born Marine killed in WWII will finally be buried
By Stephanie Pagones - Friday Sep 29, 2017
The remains of a Brooklyn-born World War II soldier killed in the Pacific are finally returning home for a proper New York burial. A casket with the remains of Pvt. Joseph C. Carbone, who grew up on Gold Street in Brooklyn Heights, was scheduled arrive at John F. Kennedy International Airport at around 2 p.m....
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.