When Amazon and Whole Foods announced that they were getting hitched in the corporate sense, the benefits for both sides were obvious. Amazon would acquire its way into a grocery distribution network and hundreds of stores with upscale customers, and Whole Foods would get a parent company at the forefront of retail technology. What’s likely to be first up …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 08, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - 269 AFRICAN SUPERMARKET & WAREHOUSE INC
Around the Web
- Amazon’s Likely First Move At Whole Foods: Bring In Warehouse Robots
By Laura Northrup - Monday Jun 26, 2017
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- Sunday Routine: How Sheryll Durrant, Urban Farmer, Spends Her Sundays
By SHIVANI VORA - Friday Sep 15, 2017
The resident manager of the Kelly Street Garden, in South Bronx’s Longwood neighborhood, sleeps in and spends time with her husband and teenage son.
- Amazon Deal for Whole Foods Starts a Supermarket War
By RACHEL ABRAMS and JULIE CRESWELL - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The grocery-store industry now faces, in addition to overseas competitors, a deep-pocketed rival with a track record of moving customers online.
- Few Answers in the Death of a Bronx Football Player
By LUIS FERRÉ-SADURNÍ - Friday Aug 25, 2017
Dominick Bess, an incoming freshman at Mount Saint Michael Academy, collapsed during a running drill on Tuesday.
- Sending Relief by Air and Sea to Puerto Rico From the Bronx
By RICK ROJAS - Monday Oct 16, 2017
As she leads a nonprofit’s aid effort, Lymaris Albors channels the anguish stirred by Hurricane Maria into delivering help to her homeland.