Under its co-founder Travis Kalanick, Uber set out to revolutionize modern transportation. Its new C.E.O. may have a smaller, less risky vision.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Jul 27, 2011)
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 05, 2008
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2008 - 1ST CHOICE CAR SERVICE, INC.
Around the Web
- State of the Art: Uber’s C.E.O. Choice Faces a Question of Ambitions
By FARHAD MANJOO - Monday Aug 28, 2017
- Inside Uber’s Choice of a New C.E.O.
By MIKE ISAAC - Tuesday Aug 29, 2017
Before Uber’s board chose Dara Khosrowshahi to be the company’s new chief, there were power plays, negotiations for more leverage and wild swings in support.
- An Insider’s Guide to Halal Takeout
By EMILY BRENNAN - Thursday Nov 9, 2017
A tour through several 24-hour Pakistani restaurants in New York reveals some commentary on Uber and Trump. But really, it’s all about the food.
- Lyft to Develop Self-Driving Car Technology in New Silicon Valley Facility
By MIKE ISAAC - Friday Jul 21, 2017
The ride-hailing company is opening a research center in Palo Alto, Calif., and plans to collaborate with automakers and tech companies.
- One Surprise Standout for Uber: Food Delivery
By MIKE ISAAC - Saturday Sep 23, 2017
Despite a late start, the company’s foray into delivering food, a cutthroat $100 billion-plus service industry, eclipses ride hailing in some markets.
- Going Places: Is Uber Helping or Hurting Mass Transit?
By EMILY BADGER - Monday Oct 16, 2017
Ride-hailing services have changed how people get around, and there is some evidence they are making traffic problems worse.